Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Paul McGrath <pm...@squawkbox.co.uk> on 2000/07/28 17:38:14 UTC

Making Use of JServ Servlets Within Tomcat ?

Dear All

I have recently installed Tomcat within my Apache + JServ environment. I
take it that all servlets are now handled by Tomcat and my JServ install is
now redundant. All JSP files and examples seem to work fine.

With JServ I was able to call my servlets up via
http://localhost/servlets/IsItWorking for example. I would like to copy all
my JServ produced servlets into TOMCAT and carry on using the same URL call
as before so as there will be no need to alter and recompile all the
servlets that I have already. What entries do I need to add within the
tomcat-apache.conf file ? I have copied a simple IsItWorking.class servlet
into the Tomcat home directory and it can be called via
http://localhost/servlet/IsItWorking how/where to I make the change so as I
can use 'servlets' instead of 'servlet' in the url ? the /servlet /ROOT
entry seems to be ignored if I modify it.

Also I take it I still have to make use of servlet zones which I have added
into the appropriate file.

Best wishes

Paul

Re: Making Use of JServ Servlets Within Tomcat ?

Posted by Vinay Nath <vi...@hotmail.com>.
u have to modify ur server.xml file to add /servlet context.Then u have to
specify its docbase.
u can read the server.xml file it gives sufficient information with which u
can do this easily.
Secondly u have to include names and mappings of all ur servlets that u may
be calling through this context into ur web.xml file.