Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by Paul Chavez <pc...@verticalsearchworks.com> on 2012/11/27 03:02:49 UTC

coordinator EL functions too long?

I'm trying to setup a coordinator job that executes a Sqoop workflow nightly.

I have the workflow working successfully when submitted manually, using three parameters:

PreviousDay = The day previous to when the job runs, in format 'MM/dd/yyyy'
CurrentDay = The day the job runs, in format 'MM/dd/yyyy'
DateStamp = The day the job runs, in format 'yyyyMMdd'

I have the coordinator job setup in Hue, using the following functions in the 'Oozie parameters' section:

PreviousDay = ${coord:formatTime(coord:dateOffset(coord:actualTime(), -1, 'DAY'), 'MM/dd/yyyy')}
CurrentDay = ${coord:formatTime(coord:actualTime(), 'MM/dd/yyyy')}
DateStamp = ${dateOffset(coord:actualTime(), -1, 'DAY'), 'MMddyyyy')}

However when I submit the job I get an error that all three values are over 40 characters. Am I putting these coord EL functions in the right place?

thanks,
Paul Chavez