Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by ma...@arctic.net on 2005/07/19 21:25:29 UTC

[users@httpd] FIle size limitations

I can't seem to find any documentation on any actual file
limitations impoased, if any, by apache 1.x or 2.x as far as
indexing or downloading from the server.

I have been told that there is a 2 gig limit,  but I put a 4
gig netboot image on an apache 1.x server and it seems to show
up just fine.  I have put the same file in an apache 2.x
server and not only doesn;t it show up,  but I get error
messages trying to access it via its full URL. There is some
discussion I have seen that suggests that apache does not work
between 2 and 4 gig because of the size of the pertinent
integer,  but have not been able to find anything specific.

The target application is that we want to be able to serve up
a 5 gig workstation image and it owuld be handy if we could
serve it up via http....

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance...

Marc Grober