Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Neeraj Bajaj <Ne...@Sun.COM> on 2001/09/26 16:48:15 UTC

[xerces2]simpletype redesign

Hi Sandy & All,

	I wrote a mail yesterday but it hasn't made it to xerces mailing list
yet. I think problem was here and it has been solved, so this mail should
reach  :)

	I am thinking of removing dependency of XSSimpleTypeDecl from
Grammar,once we achieve it, this will be an  component which need not know how
Grammar works.

1. For List and union we are passing itemUri, itemIdx and
arrays of  memberUri and memberIdx respectively, which will help us
to retrieve the required simpleType declarations from Grammar. It is creating
dependency on the grammar.

2. This component should be provided with required simpleType declarations.
like,
   init4List(String itemUri, int itemIdx) --> init4List(XSSimpleTypeDecl  decl)

   init4Union(String [] memberUri, int [] memberIdx) -->
   			init4Union(XSSimpleTypeDecl [] memberDecls)

3. SimpleTypeTraverser  will do the job of providing required
simpleTypeDeclarations.

4. This will help us getting better performance during validation time, as we
are ready with required references and we dont have to get it from grammar
during validation.

5. Any issues on this, if i am missing any ?

regards

Neeraj Bajaj