Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org> on 2017/04/11 06:39:44 UTC

OpenJPA 2.3.1 ??!?

Hi all,
while looking at a problem I currently have with MySQL / MariaDB, I
stumbled upon OPENJPA-2567 [1], which appears unresolved on JIRA.

The same issue, however, is reported in [2], in the release notes for
OpenJPA 2.3.1, which was never released, at least according to archives
[3] and Maven [4].

I think we should fix [2] ASAP.

Coming to my current problem, e.g. generate table schema for MySQL /
MariaDB with column type TINYTEXT / MEDIUMTEXT / LONGTEXT depending on
the length annotation attribute, as follows:

@Lob
@Column(length = 20971520)
private byte[] content;

Note that I do not want to set any columnDefinition here, as I need to
support other DBMSes and I'd like to stay as much general as possible.

I believe that the patch provided for [1] was never applied: do you see
problems if I go ahead and apply it both to 2.4.X and trunk?

Regards.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-2567
[2] https://openjpa.apache.org/openjpa-2.3.x.html
[3] http://archive.apache.org/dist/openjpa/
[4]
http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cgav%7C1%7C%3A%22org.apache.openjpa%22%20AND%20a%3A%22openjpa%22
--
Francesco Chicchiricc�

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Re: OpenJPA 2.3.1 ??!?

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
Hi,
I have fixed

https://openjpa.apache.org/openjpa-2.3.x.html

by removing the phantom 2.3.1.

About OPENJPA-2567, I have resolved my own use case by setting
dictionary as

org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.MariaDBDictionary(blobTypeName=LONGBLOB)

or

org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.MySQLDictionary(blobTypeName=LONGBLOB)

hence, for the moment I do not have personal need for the fix; anyway,
if someone else can look at the provided patch and confirm it is just
fine (as I believe, at a first glance), I can go ahead and apply it to
2.4.x and trunk.

Regards.

Il 2017-04-11 12:50 Mark Struberg ha scritto:
> +1
> who is tackling it?
>
> LieGrue,
> strub
>
>> Am 11.04.2017 um 10:04 schrieb Romain Manni-Bucau
>> <rm...@gmail.com>:
>>
>> +1, got it as well
>>

>> Romain Manni-Bucau
>> <https://blog-rmannibucau.rhcloud.com> | Old Blog
>> <http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com> | Github
>> <https://github.com/rmannibucau> |
>> LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau> | JavaEE Factory
>> <https://javaeefactory-rmannibucau.rhcloud.com>

>> <il...@apache.org>:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>> while looking at a problem I currently have with MySQL / MariaDB, I
>>> stumbled upon OPENJPA-2567 [1], which appears unresolved on JIRA.
>>>
>>> The same issue, however, is reported in [2], in the release notes for
>>> OpenJPA 2.3.1, which was never released, at least according to
>>> archives [3]
>>> and Maven [4].
>>>
>>> I think we should fix [2] ASAP.
>>>
>>> Coming to my current problem, e.g. generate table schema for MySQL /
>>> MariaDB with column type TINYTEXT / MEDIUMTEXT / LONGTEXT depending
>>> on the
>>> length annotation attribute, as follows:
>>>
>>> @Lob
>>> @Column(length = 20971520)
>>> private byte[] content;
>>>
>>> Note that I do not want to set any columnDefinition here, as I need
>>> support other DBMSes and I'd like to stay as much general as
>>> possible.
>>>
>>> I believe that the patch provided for [1] was never applied: do you
>>> see
>>> problems if I go ahead and apply it both to 2.4.X and trunk?
>>>
>>> Regards.
>>>
>>> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-2567
>>> [2] https://openjpa.apache.org/openjpa-2.3.x.html
>>> [3] http://archive.apache.org/dist/openjpa/