Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Janger, Michael" <Mi...@Meridinet.com> on 2001/04/26 17:36:38 UTC

servlet mapping using the examples webapp

In the examples webapp, there is a servlet called SnoopServlet.  In the
web.xml file for the examples webapp, you find the following:

<servlet>
  <servlet-name>
    snoop
  </servlet-name>
  <servlet-class>
    SnoopServlet
  </servlet-class>
</servlet>
<servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-name>
    snoop
  </servlet-name>
  <url-pattern>
    /snoop
  </url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

given the servlet-mapping entries, shouldn't I be able to use this url:
"<mysite>/examples/snoop" ?  When I use that url,  I get a 404 error.  If I
use this url:  "<mysite>/examples/servlet/snoop" it works fine.  Do I have
to change/remove "JkMount /examples/servlet/* ajp13" in the tomcat.conf
file?

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike Janger