Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by MqUser <pm...@sonic.net> on 2007/02/03 18:17:39 UTC

Activemq used as a logging system

We would like to log info from multiple systems into one repository.
The loggers will have to have embeded brokers so that they don't loose
message.
The emedded broker in turn will relay the information to a central broker.
All the info should go into a central location.
In order to do that, the central location has to handle all the incomming
messages from multiple loggers.

Is there a sample out there?
I can see that mantaray has a system like this and xmlblaster recomends
something.

Re: Activemq used as a logging system

Posted by Adrian Co <ac...@exist.com>.
You might also want to take a look at the JmsLogAppender or
JndiJmsLogAppender

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/activemq/trunk/activemq-optional/src/main/java/org/apache/activemq/util/JmsLogAppender.java?view=markup
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/activemq/trunk/activemq-optional/src/main/java/org/apache/activemq/util/JndiJmsLogAppender.java?view=markup

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On 2/3/07, MqUser <pm...@sonic.net> wrote:

> We would like to log info from multiple systems into one repository.
> The loggers will have to have embeded brokers so that they don't loose
> message.
> The emedded broker in turn will relay the information to a central broker.
> All the info should go into a central location.
> In order to do that, the central location has to handle all the incomming
> messages from multiple loggers.
>
> Is there a sample out there?
> I can see that mantaray has a system like this and xmlblaster recomends
> something.

This is pretty simple to achieve using the network of brokers concept:

http://activemq.apache.org/networks-of-brokers.html

And it sounds like you want to also make use of embedded brokers:

http://activemq.apache.org/how-do-i-embed-a-broker-inside-a-connection.html

This is all just a matter of configuration for each broker.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/
Castor - http://castor.org/