Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Padmahas Bn <pa...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/31 13:08:27 UTC

[users@httpd] Only apache 2.4 installed in /usr works fine but not in "/usr/local/apache2" please help me.

I noticed that apr installed without --prefix option installs apr to
/usr/local by default.

I also noticed apr-utils requires "--with-apr=/usr/local/apr" option to
configure.

And another thing is apache2.4 installed with "*--prefix=/usr*" option will
install inside /usr path, merging things with already existing folders and
creating folders which doesn't exist.

And the installation which is only made this way is working fine and I can
see result in 127.0.0.1.

*Can some one explain why I cannot start server from */usr/local/apache2 ?
Please help me.

Re: [users@httpd] Only apache 2.4 installed in /usr works fine but not in "/usr/local/apache2" please help me.

Posted by Mike Rumph <mi...@oracle.com>.
Hello Padmahas,

The problem is probably due to the issues listed in your other email thread:
"sudo: apachectl: command not found"

Thanks,

Mike Rumph