Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Marco Peters <ma...@brockmann-consult.de> on 2021/04/27 08:34:16 UTC

project.url is modified by nbm-maven-plugin

Hello,

I've noticed that for the property homePageUrl in nbm-maven-plugin not only the ${project.url} is used.
Which should be the default according to Apache NetBeans Maven Utilities - NBM Maven Plugin - nbm:nbm<http://bits.netbeans.org/mavenutilities/nbm-maven-plugin/nbm-mojo.html>.
Instead, the artifactId of the sub-module is appended.

So, I get ${project.url}/${artifactId} as URL in updates.xml. But this URL is invalid, and it is shown in the plugin manager.

Even when set homePageUrl explicitly to

   ${project.url}/test

I get in the end ${project.url}/${artifactId}/test.

It works as expected when I simply provide the URL. But somehow the variable ${project.url} seem to be treated special in a wrong way.

Is this already known?

I've tested this with version 4.4 and 4.6

Ciao
  Marco

Marco Peters
Brockmann Consult GmbH
Tel:  +49 (0)40 696389 305
Email: marco.peters@brockmann-consult.de
Skype: marco.peters.bc
Twitter: @MarPet_BC
Brockmann Consult GmbH
Chrysanderstr. 1
D-21029 Hamburg, Germany
Amtsgericht Hamburg HRB 157689
Geschäftsführer Dr. Carsten Brockmann
http://www.brockmann-consult.de<http://www.brockmann-consult.de/>
Twitter: @BrockmannCon

AW: project.url is modified by nbm-maven-plugin

Posted by Marco Peters <ma...@brockmann-consult.de>.
I was just pointed to the maven documentation:
https://maven.apache.org/ref/3-LATEST/maven-model/maven.html

url:
The URL to the project's homepage.
Default value is: parent value [+ path adjustment] + (artifactId or project.directory property), or just parent value if project's child.project.url.inherit.append.path="false"

So, this explains the behaviour.
Actually, I would expect that the URL is not modified by default. But now I learned something.

Thanks
  Marco

Email: marco.peters@brockmann-consult.de<ma...@brockmann-consult.de>