Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by "Owens, Steve" <St...@disney.com> on 2013/01/30 18:32:48 UTC

Question regarding TSHttpTxnUntransformedRespCache

I was wondering if anyone knew how the following is supposed to behave within a transform when multiple transforms are chained:

        //make sure we cache the UN-transformed data

        TSHttpTxnUntransformedRespCache(txnp, 1);

        TSHttpTxnTransformedRespCache(txnp, 0);

Suppose we have a transform X which invokes the above within it's createTransfomration method and subsequently adds a header to the response to indicate to downstream transforms that the contents are from untransformed cache.

Now suppose we have a transform Y which optionally acts upon the output of transform X depending on the presence or absence of certain query parameters as defined by transform Y.  When Y detects the header in the response it will add itself to the chain on TS_EVENT_HTTP_CACHE_LOOKUP_COMPLETE.

What happens to the output of transform Y if no additional calls are made to?

        //make sure we cache the UN-transformed data

        TSHttpTxnUntransformedRespCache(txnp, 1);

        TSHttpTxnTransformedRespCache(txnp, 0);

Will the output of Y be cached?