Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/07 13:09:52 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Qpid 0.8 released !

The Apache Qpid community is happy to announce the immediate availability of
Apache Qpid 0.8

Apache Qpid (http://qpid.apache.org) is a cross platform Enterprise
Messaging solution which implements the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol
(AMQP, http://www.amqp.org). It provides brokers written in C++ and Java,
along with clients for C++, Java JMS, .Net, Python, and Ruby.

Apache Qpid 0.8 can be downloaded now from our website:
http://qpid.apache.org/download.cgi

This release contains many bug fixes and stability improvements over the
previous release and we recommend that all users upgrade. Some features of
note in the release are:

* Qpid Messaging API support for the C++ and Python clients.
* .Net Binding for the C++ Qpid Messaging API, an intermediary program
designed to make access to C++ Qpid Messaging methods simple and in a way
familiar to the programmer. The .NET Binding creates and manipulates actual
C++ Qpid Messaging API objects so that a .NET program will operate the same
as if it were written in native C++.
* New hybrid SQL-CLFS persistence module for the C++ broker on Windows.
* Improved 0-10 support for the Java broker.

A complete list of the features/reported issues addressed in this release
can be found here: http://qpid.apache.org/release_notes_0.8.html

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org