Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Gordon Cody <gc...@zafinlabs.com> on 2010/07/30 16:30:15 UTC

how to get pom updated during mvn release when sub-project is not part of normal build

Hello List

I have a multimodule project similar to the following:

toplevel
  pom.xml
  modA
     pom.xml
  modB
     pom.xml
  modC
     pom.xml

Modules A & B are specified explicitly in the toplevel pom. Module C is not.
It is only to be run when required and is done stand-alone.

When I do mvn release, the toplevel pom and the poms in modA and modB
all get updated with new version as expected but modC does not. Is there
a way to get the normal build to skip modC but get mv release to also update
the pom in modC ?

Thanks for any help
Gord
gcody@zafinlabs.com

Re: how to get pom updated during mvn release when sub-project is not part of normal build

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
Using a profile where you specify the modules? I.e. a special profile for
the release work where C is included.

/Anders