Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mikhail Simkin <si...@hotmail.com> on 2005/08/01 07:18:35 UTC

[users@httpd] images download incompletely

Images download incompletely: can this be due to Apache settings?

After I  moved my website, which was previously housed at university
webserver to web hosting provider called Netfirms I noticed that  on one of
my webpages persistently 2-3 images (out of 12) are incompletely downloaded.
After I outsourced the images to my university website the problem
dissapeared.

The problem occured only when I accessed the website using dial-up, while
with fast connections the page downloaded flawlessly.

I was told that the problem may be due to the settings  used by my
webhosting provider. That is there is maximum time allowed for page download
after which connection is terminated. Thus it affects only slow connections
like dial-up.

Does this sound  reasonable?

My  web hosting provider uses Apache/1.3.26  server (
http://www.whois.sc/reverent.org ).

The webpage which shows problems with image download:

http://reverent.org/great_art_or_not_old.html

The modified webpage, with images outsorced to UCLA webserver, which does
not show the problem:

http://reverent.org/great_art_or_not.html