Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/16 21:16:51 UTC

Svnpubsub for dist/ archives

We need to get moving on converting the dist/ files to svnpubsub; it
must be done before the end of January.

Uploading the files to SVN can be done in a few hours, but infra are
quite busy so it may take them some while to process the conversion
request.

It would be best if we could schedule the work for a gap between
releases, as that would make the job easier for us.

So what are the plans for releases after the current vote completes?

Re: Svnpubsub for dist/ archives

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 17 January 2013 12:30, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 2013-01-16 at 20:16 +0000, sebb wrote:
>> We need to get moving on converting the dist/ files to svnpubsub; it
>> must be done before the end of January.
>>
>> Uploading the files to SVN can be done in a few hours, but infra are
>> quite busy so it may take them some while to process the conversion
>> request.
>>
>> It would be best if we could schedule the work for a gap between
>> releases, as that would make the job easier for us.
>>
>> So what are the plans for releases after the current vote completes?
>>

> There can be expected a certain period of relative low activity while
> the new APIs are being reviewed and tested immediately after HttpClient
> 4.3-alpha1 release. That would be the right moment to migrate dist/
> files to svnpubsub.

OK, I've imported the other files (httpcore and httpasyncclient)

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.