Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu> on 2014/03/11 13:21:07 UTC

[SCXML] developer heads-up: Commons SCXML 2.0-M0 (milestone 0) tag now available - please test

SCXML developers,

I've just created a first Commons SCXML 2.0-M0 milestone tag as baseline for the
roadmap [1] towards Commons SCXML 2.0.
Please read the roadmap for further details.

It would be great if you can test this first baseline to validate everything is
still working as expected, for the features still supported :)

Note that this first milestone did remove a lot of old/outdated features, see [2].
Also, as a next major release, the base Java package name changed from
org.apache.commons.scxml.* to org.apache.commons.scxml2.*

To get an overview of all the issues resolved for version 2.0 up to today you
can use the JIRA query in [2].

To be able to test drive this tag, you'll first have to checkout the code using:

  $ svn co
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/scxml/tags/commons-scxml2-2.0-M0

build and install to your local Maven repository:

   $ cd commons-scxml2-2.0-M0 & mvn install

and then in your Maven project add the following dependency configuration:

   <dependency>
     <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId>
     <artifactId>commons-scxml2</artifactId>
     <version>2.0-M0</version>
   </dependency>

Note also the change of both the groupId and artifactId from
commons-scxml:commons-scxml to org.apache.commons:commons-scmxl2.

Subsequent milestone tags will provide new and changed functionalities as
indicated on the roadmap.

Regards, Ate

[1] http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-scxml/roadmap.html
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SCXML-194
[3]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SCXML-195?jql=fixVersion%20%3D%202.0%20AND%20project%20%3D%20SCXML%20AND%20resolved%20%3C%20%222014%2F03%2F11%22%20ORDER%20BY%20key%20DESC

Re: [SCXML] developer heads-up: Commons SCXML 2.0-M0 (milestone 0) tag now available - please test

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.
Hello Ate,

it's great to see how you're pushing things forward.
Many thanks!

Benedikt

http://people.apache.org/~britter/
http://www.systemoutprintln.de/