Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by Tyson Norris <tn...@adobe.com.INVALID> on 2018/02/09 18:34:13 UTC

Cloudant 1MB limit

Hi -
We have been using Cloudant for some of our deployments, and ran into their 1MB request limit.  This is of course a problem if someone creates an action with a tar > 1MB.

Any advice from the IBM folks whether there is any way around this? (Other than avoiding creating actions > 1MB, or requiring devs to use docker actions for these cases)

Thanks
Tyson

Re: Cloudant 1MB limit

Posted by Rodric Rabbah <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hey Tyson,

I think we need to generally consider moving the large code blobs to an
object store (getting the code blogs into couch attachment as a first step
is in this PR [1]).
That said, I think you'd either need to deploy a couchdb instance or
upgrade your plan to a dedicated instance.

-r

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk/pull/2938