Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by samar kumar <sa...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/04 13:25:07 UTC

remove deadservers

Hi Everyone,
  I did a  "status 'detailed'" and found 3 dead region servers. I was hoping
that the dead region servers would go aways after a while but they seem to
exist for a long time now. Is there a way for these to be removed without
restarting the master.
Using hbase 0.90.4-cdh3u3
Regards,
Samar

Re: remove deadservers

Posted by samar kumar <sa...@gmail.com>.
@Bryan Thanks for replying.
 We are running multiple masters, but we have continuos jobs running and
dint want any of the jobs go slow while the master shifts.
Regards,
Samar

Re: remove deadservers

Posted by Bryan Beaudreault <bb...@hubspot.com>.
Assuming you are running with multiple masters it should be perfectly safe to restart one of them. In my experience this does not cause any service interruption. If you aren't running with multiple in a production environment I suggest setting one up.

Sent from iPhone.