Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org> on 2014/02/07 22:13:06 UTC

[VOTE] Release PyLucene 4.6.1-1

The PyLucene 4.6.1-1 release tracking the recent release of Apache Lucene
4.6.1 is ready.

The previous release candidate's tar archive contained Mac OS X resource
forks and had to be respinned without them.

A release candidate is available from:
http://people.apache.org/~vajda/staging_area/

A list of changes in this release can be seen at:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/pylucene/branches/pylucene_4_6/CHANGES

PyLucene 4.6.1 is built with JCC 2.19 included in these release artifacts:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/pylucene/trunk/jcc/CHANGES

A list of Lucene Java changes can be seen at:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/tags/lucene_solr_4_6_1/lucene/CHANGES.txt

Please vote to release these artifacts as PyLucene 4.6.1-1.

Thanks !

Andi..

ps: the KEYS file for PyLucene release signing is at:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/pylucene/dist/KEYS
http://people.apache.org/~vajda/staging_area/KEYS

pps: here is my +1

Re: [VOTE] Release PyLucene 4.6.1-1

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
+1

I ran my usual smoke test: indexed first 100K Wikpedia (english) docs
and ran a few searches.

Thanks Andi!

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: A release candidate is available from:
: http://people.apache.org/~vajda/staging_area/

+1 to the artifacts with these sigs...

hossman@frisbee:~/tmp/pylucene_4_6_1$ cat pylucene-4.6.1-1-src.tar.gz.md5
bac17fb194f16273afe1d0428e579d5b  pylucene-4.6.1-1-src.tar.gz
hossman@frisbee:~/tmp/pylucene_4_6_1$ cat pylucene-4.6.1-1-src.tar.gz.asc

Tested on 64bit Ubuntu 12.04 using Java7...

* JCC installed w/o error...
  python setup.py build
  sudo python setup.py install
* pylucene tests ran w/o failure...