Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com> on 2014/10/14 12:30:49 UTC

Recent Mustella failures - different sized baseline PNGs ?

I was reading
http://flex-mustella.cloudapp.net/job/flex-sdk_mustella/lastFailedBuild/console
and it's odd that
http://flex-mustella.cloudapp.net/job/flex-sdk_mustella/ws/mustella/tests/spark/styles/local/baselines/focusBlendMode_typeSelector.png.bad.png
and
http://flex-mustella.cloudapp.net/job/flex-sdk_mustella/ws/mustella/tests/spark/styles/local/baselines/focusBlendMode_typeSelector.png
are different sizes ? Or is that something Mustella does now and again ?

I also saq
http://flex-mustella.cloudapp.net/job/flex-sdk_mustella/ws/mustella/tests/spark/styles/local/baselines/cornerRadius_visualverification_classSelector.png.bad.png
and
http://flex-mustella.cloudapp.net/job/flex-sdk_mustella/ws/mustella/tests/spark/styles/local/baselines/cornerRadius_visualverification_classSelector.png
were the same to my eyes, so maybe it's just a bad run and it'll settle
down after yesterdays reboot.
--
extravision Signature
*Tom Chiverton* | Lead Developer | Extravision

.
Registered in the UK at : 107 Timber Wharf, 33 Worsley Street,
Manchester, M15 4LD. Registration number: 05017214 VAT: GB 824 5386 19

Disclaimer: This e-mail is intended solely for the person to whom it is
addressed and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you
have received it in error please notify us immediately and destroy this
e-mail and any attachments. In addition, you must not disclose, copy,
distribute or take any action in reliance on this e-mail or any
attachments. Any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely
of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Extravision Ltd.
E-mail may be susceptible to data corruption, interception, unauthorised
amendment, viruses and delays or the consequences thereof. Accordingly,
this e-mail and any attachments are opened at your own risk.

Re: Recent Mustella failures - different sized baseline PNGs ?

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
Oops, that’s me discrediting myself as a bonafide software engineer by
saying stuff like: “That can’t be it.”

;-)

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: Recent Mustella failures - different sized baseline PNGs ?

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 10/20/14, 2:42 AM, "Tom Chiverton" <tc...@extravision.com> wrote:

>If the .png's are different sizes, is it the fault of the version of the
>Player on the machine ?
Hard to say.  I just ran the TileLayout tests on 11.7/3.7 on my Windows 7
machine and they all passed.  I’m also pretty sure we’ve seen 11.7/3.7
pass on the flex-mustella server.  I don’t know how many combinations we
are testing, but I think we have gone through several successful runs in
the past.

-Alex

Re: Recent Mustella failures - different sized baseline PNGs ?

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
If the .png's are different sizes, is it the fault of the version of the
Player on the machine ?

Tom

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: Recent Mustella failures - different sized baseline PNGs ?

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 10/16/14, 10:26 AM, "Erik de Bruin" <er...@ixsoftware.nl> wrote:

>What you are describing is actually the expected result: the versions.txt
>file has the last combo that succeeded (11.1/3.7) and the log shows the
>last combo that was run: 11.7/3.7.
OK, I didn’t realize that. Anyway, that’s where we got stuck twice and
this particular incantation has worked both times.  I did look and saw
that an 11.7/3.7 run succeeded at one point in time, so it doesn’t look
like it is completely related to that combo.  But at this point, I’m not
planning to spend any more time on it.

-Alex

Re: Recent Mustella failures - different sized baseline PNGs ?

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: Recent Mustella failures - different sized baseline PNGs ?

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: Recent Mustella failures - different sized baseline PNGs ?

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
The symptoms are the same as the last time things went bad.  The
versions.txt file has:
FLASH_VERSION=11.1
  AIR_VERSION=3.7

I’m going to cancel all jobs and delete that file and see if it gets it
act together, so ignore the next failure.

-Alex

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: Recent Mustella failures - different sized baseline PNGs ?

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
In general we don’t worry until two or three runs fail in a row.  I’ve
seen the player/air combination appear to get confused and cause strange
results.