Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Richard Clarke <cl...@cs.man.ac.uk> on 2002/01/19 18:27:00 UTC

modperl httpd processes won't stop growing.

I wrote a perl script which runs in modperl yet I have noticed that my httpd
processes keep growing in size until eventuall all swap space is gone and
the system dies. So I thought maybe I will rewrite the script from scratch
adding bit by bit and looking for growth. Even when I use an essentially
empty perl program the process's keep on growing.
The help pages suggest I add a sub to test for unfound sub errors. Doing
that prints this to the log file,

Apache=SCALAR(0x8220508) can't $UNIVERSAL::AUTOLOAD=Apache::DESTROY!
Apache::Server=SCALAR(0x8202b54) can't
$UNIVERSAL::AUTOLOAD=Apache::Server::DESTROY!
Apache=SCALAR(0x8220378) can't $UNIVERSAL::AUTOLOAD=Apache::DESTROY!

Over and over and over again.

Can anyone shed some light on my problem or suggest a better source for
help.

Richard

Re: modperl httpd processes won't stop growing.

Posted by Martin Haase-Thomas <mh...@meome-ag.de>.
Hmm,

I'm not very sure. Seems like:
either your Apache and Apache::Server pm's are corrupt, and you should
install them freshly,
or it is you who makes the mistake. Are there any tied references or so
in your script? If yes, add a DESTROY { } block which removes them on exit.

Hope this will help
Martin