Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by potgieterdl <de...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/15 22:18:08 UTC

Rest and lazy loaded JPA 2.0 hibernate entities

Hi All,

I`m running tomee rest 1.5.0 and have swapped openjpa to hibernate.
I`m having a issue is my rest service on returning a List<Customer> which is
throwing a lazy load exception :

org.hibernate.LazyInitializationException: could not initialize proxy - no
Session
        at
org.hibernate.collection.internal.AbstractPersistentCollection.withTemporarySessionIfNeeded(AbstractPersistentCollection.java:180

This happens because the jpa session closes before the object conversion to
xml/json happens. so it cant load the mapped entities.

I`m looking for suggestions here around possible solutions. The only 1 i can
think of is creating DTO`s and mapping the values to them, but creates alot
of duplicaiton. Issue is i do need to know the primary key for the mapped
entity to send through.

Is there any other way that this can be achieved?

Thanks
Derick

Re: Rest and lazy loaded JPA 2.0 hibernate entities

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Call e.getRelationship().size() before the end of the tx