Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ed <6b...@jetable.org> on 2006/02/07 23:30:06 UTC

Basic modjk + ssl + tomcat question

Hi!

(modjk newbie)
I'm using a modjk+SSL config (I did not make myself) that is mapped to a
single worker.
Behind, a single AJP connector recieves everything.
The question is : how do I know from my webapp that a request is using
SSL or not.

I saw the "secure" configuration attribute to the connector, and this
leads me to think I actually need 2 AJP connectors (one for each case)
and thus 2 workers. Am I wrong? *
What's the right way of discriminating SSL and non-SSL requests within
my webapp ?
Do I need to change my current Apache/modjk config?

Any advice welcome :)

cheers

Re: Basic modjk + ssl + tomcat question

Posted by Mike Sabroff <mi...@cygnusb2b.com>.
Because ssl only works through https://     You should really split that
up though

Bill Barker wrote:
> "Ed" <6b...@jetable.org> wrote in message
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> (modjk newbie)
>> I'm using a modjk+SSL config (I did not make myself) that is mapped to a
>> single worker.
>> Behind, a single AJP connector recieves everything.
>> The question is : how do I know from my webapp that a request is using SSL
>> or not.
>>

> Httpd/IIS/SunOne sends this information to Tomcat as part of the AJP/1.3
> protocol.  As a result, you can just use:
>   if(request.isSecure()) {
>       // SSL processing
>   } else {
>      // non-SSL processing
>   }
>

>> I saw the "secure" configuration attribute to the connector, and this
>> leads me to think I actually need 2 AJP connectors (one for each case) and
>> thus 2 workers. Am I wrong? *
>> What's the right way of discriminating SSL and non-SSL requests within my
>> webapp ?  Do I need to change my current Apache/modjk config?
>>

> Nope, the "secure" configuration attribute is ignored by the AJP/1.3
> connector (which causes a few complaints ;-).
>

>> Any advice welcome :)
>>
>> cheers

Mike Sabroff
Web Services