Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ratnadeep Bhattacharjee <Ra...@east.sun.com> on 2001/02/05 20:48:46 UTC

missing resource attribute

Hello  All,

Just wondering if anybody has encountered this problem. Any help/pointers would
be really appreciated.

Thanks,
-Deep.

When I include the following tag in my jsp:

  <title><bean:message key="logon.title"/></title>

I get the following error:

Error: 500

Location: /struts-myexample/logon.jsp

Internal Servlet Error:

javax.servlet.ServletException: Missing resources attribute
org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE
        at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.Throwable.(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.Exception.(Compiled Code)
        at javax.servlet.ServletException.(ServletException.java:161)

Root cause:

javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Missing resources attribute
org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE
        at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.Throwable.(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.Exception.(Compiled Code)
        at javax.servlet.jsp.JspException.(JspException.java:73)

I have ensured that the logon.title=someValue exists in my
ApplicationResource.properties file

RE: missing resource attribute

Posted by Justin Kennedy <ju...@consortio.com>.
Have you included an 'application' element in web.xml, which points to your
ApplicationResources.properties file ?

    <init-param>
      <param-name>application</param-name>
      <param-value>your.path.ApplicationResources</param-value>
    </init-param>

take a look at web.xml in the struts-example app

-Justin