Posted to dev@solr.apache.org by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com> on 2021/11/15 15:42:05 UTC

[VOTE] SIP-15 Node roles

Hi Devs and Users,

SIP-15 for first class support of node roles has been proposed.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SOLR/SIP-15+Node+roles

The link contains a PDF file containing the discussion thread (since the
Pony mail thread links broke). The discussion happened in
dev@solr.apache.org list.

To bring up any points worth discussing, please use the dev@solr.apache.org
list (instead of using this thread) and find the thread with subject "First
class support for node roles" there.

Please vote on the proposal. Vote closes in 72 hours from now.

Here's my +1

Thanks,
Ishan / Noble / Hitesh

Re: [VOTE] SIP-15 Node roles

Posted by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com>.
Oh, thanks for pointing that out, Cassandra. Really appreciate it. I had
some confusion on the process around votes and lazy consensus (since this
is perhaps the only SIP that reached a voting thread and I didn't have any
precedence to go by).
This vote has actually failed. I'll move the status back to DISCUSS and
re-initiate another voting, if needed.
Regards,
Ishan

Re: [VOTE] SIP-15 Node roles