Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> on 2015/03/19 08:13:56 UTC

[ANN] Cayenne 4.0 M2 released

I am glad to announce a very important and long-overdue milestone release. As you may know already, we renamed version 3.2 to 4.0 as the scope had been vastly expanded. So 4.0.M2 is a direct successor of 3.2M1. Lots of very exciting new features:

* Fluent type-safe Query API
* Powerful Automated Workflow with 'cdbimport'
* OSGI support
* ServerRuntimeBuilder and mapping-free runtime
* Transparent Database Cryptography with 'cayenne-crypto'.
* DI Container Decorators
* Modeler improvements

and many more. Read on the details and download Cayenne here:

http://cayenne.apache.org/2015/03/cayenne-40m2-released.html
http://cayenne.apache.org/download.html

Enjoy!

Andrus

---------------
Andrus Adamchik
Apache Cayenne ORM: http://cayenne.apache.org/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ApacheCayenne

Re: [ANN] Cayenne 4.0 M2 released

Posted by tgiaccone <tg...@gmail.com>.
I've experienced a problem, with the new modeler.

I've downloaded the new Cayenne 4.0 M2 on two different mac's one
running jdk 1.8 and the other running 1.7.0_65 and in both instances
reverse engineering didn't work.

In each case I started a new model, added a datanode, selected a
Postgres DataSource that I was using with the previous version of the
modeler and selected reverse engineer database schema. I had to manually
select the public schema, and once that was done a new datamap was added
but none of the tables were present in the map.

The log file shows:

    Mar 23, 2015 6:40:44 AM
    INFO: Starting CayenneModeler.
    Mar 23, 2015 6:40:44 AM
    INFO: JRE v.1.8.0_25 at /Library/Internet
    Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home
    Mar 23, 2015 6:43:25 AM
    DEBUG: will show progress...
    Mar 23, 2015 6:43:25 AM
    DEBUG: will show progress...
    Mar 23, 2015 6:43:29 AM
    INFO: Schema loading...
    Mar 23, 2015 6:43:29 AM
    DEBUG: will show progress...

The version of the jdbc driver for postgres was 9.3-1102.jdbc3.jar

The tables all have lower case names.

Tony Giaccone

Posted by Lon Varscsak <lo...@gmail.com>.
Awesome!