Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Arunava Sinha <ar...@oracle.com> on 2020/06/03 07:20:40 UTC

Help Request : How To measure NetBeans startup time?

Hi,

I want to measure NB startup time . I am referring the below doc for the
purpose

http://wiki.netbeans.org/PerformanceHowToMeasure#StartupTime

Can somebody explain how to use that. Also  in wiki it was asked to use
performance-test-utilities.jar .
Please let me know from where to get the jar. As a wild guess I had used
jar  of module java/performance
<https://github.com/apache/netbeans/tree/master/java/performance>(org-netbeans-modules-performance.jar
) in the below command. which didn't worked.

/bin\netbeans.exe --cp
"D:/LOG/jars/org-netbeans-modules-performance.jar" --userdir
"D:/LOG/userDir" -J-Dnetbeans.full.hack=true
-J-Dorg.netbeans.log.startup.logfile="D:/LOG"
-J-Dorg.netbeans.log.startup=tests -J-Dnetbeans.close=true
-J-Dorg.netbeans.performance.waitafterstartup=5000/

Thanks & Regards,

Arunava Sinha