Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/29 23:42:50 UTC

Continuum tries to checkout artifactId instead of module

Since I've got most of AppFuse ported to Maven 2, I decided to give
Continuum a try today.  I used the following URL for my pom.xml:

https://appfuse.dev.java.net/source/browse/*checkout*/appfuse/trunk/pom.xml

Continuum finds all the projects from my pom.xml files, but it tries
to checkout the artifactId instead of just using the directories under
the parent.  For example, here's the error I get for the first module:

Provider message: The svn command failed.
Command output:
svn: URL 'https://appfuse.dev.java.net/svn/appfuse/trunk/appfuse-data-common'
doesn't exist

Why doesn't it just re-use trunk/data/common - that's what's specified
in the root-level pom.xml for this artifact?

Thanks,

Matt

Re: Continuum tries to checkout artifactId instead of module

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
I've been bitten by Continuum stubbornly honouring the SCM URL in the
POM above all else before too.

Apart from reading it on initial import, for the modules and after
updates do you think we should change it to use the real SCM URL and
produce a build warning if the POM differs instead?

- Brett

--
Apache Maven - http://maven.apache.org
"Better Builds with Maven" book - http://library.mergere.com/

Re: Continuum tries to checkout artifactId instead of module

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
It wasn't a bug but a known limitation in maven inheritance in child pom. I implemented a workaround in continuum and will be available in 1.1

Emmanuel

Posted by idallas <ia...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.