Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Peter Platek <pe...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/03 22:40:59 UTC

Please create Eclipse Oomph Installer .setup file

Hi All,

I was just going through the Eclipse Tips on the wiki and thought that the
initial setup could be so much easier if a .setup file for Eclipse Oomph
Installer can be created.  All the tools and settings that are needed for
development with Ofbiz would then be easy to reproduce for everyone.  With
Oomph enabled it is even possible to share things such as formatting (I've
done that across the multiple workspaces that I have)

Here is the article on getting started:
https://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse_Oomph_Authoring.

Also it's possible to get a head start with extracting the current eclipse
settings as per this post:
https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/959921/

The drawback is that currently the resulting file needs to be edited with
the version numbers for each item, but hopefully there is a fix for that.

Perhaps somebody already has a .setup file that can be shared?

regards,

-Peter Platek

Re: Please create Eclipse Oomph Installer .setup file

Posted by Peter Platek <pe...@gmail.com>.
OK I'll try to build one based on the wikis.

Meanwhile for anybody that is interested, here
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3h76AQQKN0> is a short video that shows
the capabilities of Oomph Installer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3h76AQQKN0

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.