Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Klaus Heinz <k....@onlinehome.de> on 2004/07/08 00:26:04 UTC

translation of rule descriptions: English-German

Hi,

I would like some help with these rule descriptions:

 # describe DRUGS_ANXIETY        Refers to an anxiety control drug
 # describe DRUGS_ANXIETY_OBFU   Obfuscated reference to an anxiety control drug
 # describe DRUGS_ANXIETY_EREC   Refers to both an erectile and an anxiety drug

Essentially, I don't really know what an 'anxiety control' drug is.
According to my dictionary, 'anxiety' could be 'Beklemmung' but I have
never heard of 'Medikament gegen Beklemmungen'. Could anybody help here?

ciao
     Klaus

Re: translation of rule descriptions: English-German

Posted by "Michele Neylon : Blacknight Solutions" <mi...@blacknightsolutions.com>.
On Wed, 2004-07-07 at 23:26, Klaus Heinz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like some help with these rule descriptions:
>
>  # describe DRUGS_ANXIETY        Refers to an anxiety control drug
>  # describe DRUGS_ANXIETY_OBFU   Obfuscated reference to an anxiety control drug
>  # describe DRUGS_ANXIETY_EREC   Refers to both an erectile and an anxiety drug
>
> Essentially, I don't really know what an 'anxiety control' drug is.
> According to my dictionary, 'anxiety' could be 'Beklemmung' but I have
> never heard of 'Medikament gegen Beklemmungen'. Could anybody help here?
>

> ciao
>      Klaus

Anxiety is similar in meaning to "stress"
The rule would refer to drugs to help people suffering from
stress,nerves or related ailments.

--
Mr. Michele Neylon
Blacknight Internet Solutions Ltd

Re: translation of rule descriptions: English-German

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
At 06:26 PM 7/7/2004, Klaus Heinz wrote:
>I would like some help with these rule descriptions:
>
>  # describe DRUGS_ANXIETY        Refers to an anxiety control drug
>  # describe DRUGS_ANXIETY_OBFU   Obfuscated reference to an anxiety
> control drug
>  # describe DRUGS_ANXIETY_EREC   Refers to both an erectile and an
> anxiety drug
>
>Essentially, I don't really know what an 'anxiety control' drug is.
>According to my dictionary, 'anxiety' could be 'Beklemmung' but I have
>never heard of 'Medikament gegen Beklemmungen'. Could anybody help here?

I belive angst is the proper translation of anxiety in this case. Other
appropriate terms in German are
"<http://www.dict.cc/?s=Angstneurose>Angstneurose" and
"<http://www.dict.cc/?s=Probleme>Probleme <http://www.dict.cc/?s=mit>mit
<http://www.dict.cc/?s=der>der <http://www.dict.cc/?s=Angst>Angst".

An anxiety control drug is a drug given for psychological problems, much
like an antidepressant, but this is to control anxiety based disorders like
panic disorder, OCD, etc.

see http://www.adaa.org/AnxietyDisorderInfor/OverviewAnxDis.cfm

Re: translation of rule descriptions: English-German

Posted by Nick Leverton <nj...@leverton.org>.
On Thu, Jul 08, 2004 at 12:26:04AM +0200, Klaus Heinz wrote:

>  # describe DRUGS_ANXIETY        Refers to an anxiety control drug
...snips...
> Essentially, I don't really know what an 'anxiety control' drug is.
> According to my dictionary, 'anxiety' could be 'Beklemmung' but I have
> never heard of 'Medikament gegen Beklemmungen'. Could anybody help here?

My wife suggests 'anxiolytikum', but I think that's a medical term
corresponding to 'anxiolitic' - which no English layman would have heard
of either :)

"Anti anxiety" is the common description in English, though I'd never
heard of that class of drug until I married a psychology student ...
maybe your doctor might have some suggestions.

Nick