Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by yishayw <yi...@hotmail.com> on 2016/09/07 07:14:34 UTC

Re: [FLEXJS] Layout

So right now, is there a way of easily overlaying items in a shared
container?

We're currently struggling with the following scenario. We have a toolbar at
the top and a scrollable content area below it. In classic flex I would do
something like:

<app><VGroup width="100%" height="100%"><toolbar/><scrollableContainer
width="100%" height="100%"/></VGroup></app>

and VGroup would remain the size of the screen. In FlexJS
scrollableContainer takes up the screen size and together with the toolbar
overflows it.

Any suggestions?

Re: [FLEXJS] Layout

Posted by yishayw <yi...@hotmail.com>.
Turns out OneFlexibleChildVerticalLayout was what I needed. Pseudo code:

<container>
<beads>
<OneFlexibleChildVerticalLayout oneChild="flexChild"/>
</beads>
<toolbar>
<flexingObject id="flexChild" width="100%" height="100%">
</container>

Also, I found out that setting x or y explicitly will change positioning to
absolute, which facilitates overlaying.