Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Nitin Lamba <ni...@ampool.io> on 2016/02/19 22:48:22 UTC

Lucene function added by default

Hi,

While starting-up a new geode cluster, I see that a lucene function is registered even before any regions are created. Following are the simple steps to reproduce it:

./bin/gfsh

gfsh>start locator --name=Locator

gfsh>start server --name=Server1

gfsh>list functions

Member  | Function

------- | ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Server1 | com.gemstone.gemfire.cache.lucene.internal.distributed.LuceneFunction

Is this expected/ necessary? I would expect such a function to be defined only when Lucene integration is intended to be used. Please advise if a JIRA should be opened for this.

Thanks,

Nitin

Re: Lucene function added by default

Posted by Jens Deppe <jd...@pivotal.io>.
At the very least we should be adding a manifest-only
<component>-dependencies.jar that can simply be added to the classpath.

--Jens

Posted by Dan Smith <ds...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Dan Smith <ds...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Anilkumar Gingade <ag...@pivotal.io>.