Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2016/08/01 16:50:41 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Beam, version 0.2.0-incubating

+1 (binding)

casting my vote here as IPMC.

I checked:
- artefact names contain incubating
- signatures and hashes good
- DISCLAIMER exists
- LICENSE file looks good
- NOTICE file looks good
- Source files have ASF headers
- source distribution exists
- Tested with GDELT samples and wordcount with Direct, Flink, and Spark
runner (I plan to run on Google Dataflow asap).

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofr�
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Beam, version 0.2.0-incubating

Posted by Dan Halperin <dh...@google.com.INVALID>.
Thanks very much Justin for your attention to detail! I've filed BEAM-510,
BEAM-513, BEAM-514, BEAM-515 for the website issues you pointed out below,
and I've sent PRs for 510 & 513.

Though it may be obvious, I'll remind everyone that these proposed changes
to the incubator-beam-site repository do not affect the release artifacts
discussed here.

Thanks!
Dan

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Thanks for the review Justin and the website notes.

Dan already created the corresponding Jira, we gonna fix that asap.

Regards
JB

On 08/02/2016 02:17 AM, Justin Mclean wrote:
> Hi,
>
> +1 (binding)
>
> I checked:
> - file name contains incubating
> - signature and hash good
> - LICENSE and NOTICE good. (Although not 100% sure why the NOTICE mentions google twice)
> - No binary files in release
> - All source code has ASF headers
> - Can compile from source
>
> Just a few minor things I noticed while looking at your web site. You have a direct link to your last release here [1] rather than a link going via the Apache mirrors script [5] and this link [2] in Learn menu goes nowhere. Branding wise I think you are missing a few of the required links [3] including a link back to the Apache homepage. A feather ASF logo would be a nice addition as well. [4]
>
> Thanks,
> Justin
>
> 1 . http://beam.incubator.apache.org/releases/
> 2. http://beam.incubator.apache.org/docs/learn/programming-guide/
> 3. http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/pmcs.html#navigation
> 4. http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#links
> 5. http://www.apache.org/dev/release-download-pages.html#closer

Jean-Baptiste Onofr
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

RE: [VOTE] Release Apache Beam, version 0.2.0-incubating

Posted by "Wang, Gang1" <ga...@intel.com>.
Hi Justin and Apache Beam team,

  I'm so Sorry, It is my bad, please ignore my previous mail, Thanks.

Best Regards
+Gary

   Thank you for catching that, We would fix those issues you mentioned, Thanks.

Best Regards
+Gary

Posted by "Wang, Gang1" <ga...@intel.com>.
Hi Justin,