Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by FunkyDisco <fu...@hotmail.com> on 2011/12/04 13:01:57 UTC

XML-> PDF bad encoding

Appologize in front if this is somewhere explained, but as I'm not guru in
Cocoon, after 5 days of google search and testing all possible combinations,
haven't found a solution. So here is brief problem description

When I test file generation from WEB URL, (source->output), :
XML->XML correct (simple copy test to see if it read OK and write OK)
XML->RTF correct
XML-PDF problem (national characters has "#")

I have read "http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/faq.html#pdf-characters",
chapter 6.2 which shows exactly what I have but when I implement a feature
some national character (ĐđČčĆć in unicode notation) remain as "#" signs).

Is this really a bug or there is a solution, so please once more apologize
for some dumb entries in this issue, but pretty lost in this case.
Regards,
Funky

Re: XML-> PDF bad encoding

Posted by FunkyDisco <fu...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,
Maybe you haven't noticed or it was somehow missed, but in mine first post
it was written:
"Mine conf is Win 2008 R2 x64 (Windows XP SP3 x86) Win 1250 CP, Tomcat
6.0.33, Cocoon 2.1.11."
So this is mine conf.

To reproduce the problem just use original posting:
C:\Program
Files\Tomcat\webapps\cocoon\samples\blocks\fop\misc\minimal.fo.xml
in which place:
đšžćčŠĐŽĆČ letters
and
C:\Program Files\Tomcat\webapps\cocoon\samples\blocks\fop\sitemap.xmap
which makes complete solution together.
Rg,
Damir

Re: XML-> PDF bad encoding

Posted by Andy Stevens <in...@googlemail.com>.

RE: XML-> PDF bad encoding

Posted by FunkyDisco <fu...@hotmail.com>.
Correct. This apply to many  non-ASCII characters but in Croatian most
important are those mentioned.
Font (mentioned in inline description) is "Arial Unicode MS" (tried frankly
many others) and they all have correct output from MS Word, MS Wordpad, or
any other app in Windows that I know. I'm not sure if this is the answer on
your question.
What I'd like to see is one XML with mentioned characters (ĐŠŽĆČđšžćč) which
can be correctly reproduced in PDF as output.
Rg,
Damir

RE: XML-> PDF bad encoding

Posted by "Nathaniel, Alfred" <Al...@six-group.com>.