Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by dima <di...@ipc.co.uk> on 2000/07/10 12:32:27 UTC

SQL + Cocoon

Hi Everyone,
 Some of you may be bored of questions like this already, but hey, we are
all learning here...

 I've just tried to implement a few simple XML queries on a local SQL
database and I can't seem to get the output processed (if any).

 I don't get any errors during the connection process, but when I try to
run it, all I get in the final document is:

<page>

  <query connection="con">
                select name from tbname
  </query>

</page>

without any visible output from the actual database...

am I missing something?

Plus, I would greately appreciate if anybody suggests a few resources on
SQL querying with Cocoon and XML.

thanks in advance.

dima

Re: Cocoon and resin

Posted by Olivier Richaud <ri...@cstb.fr>.
> At 14:07 +0200 10/07/00, Olivier Richaud wrote:
> >Some of my cocoon pages handles the post method and using xsp I prase the
> >result of the form. With Apache JServ this works fine, but alas, with
resin,
> >I got an error saying that post is not handled. Has anyone troed out
resin
> >and cocoon?
>
> Yes, but I gave up earlier than you, for other reasons I think ... I seem
> to remember I could'nt get the suffix -> servlet mapping working properly.
> Shame really ...
>
> regards Jeremy

I did not have this problem at all. This worked fine. I mapped *.xml to
Cocoon's servlet (even better *.xml.fr, *.xml.en and so on). I must say I
had no experience with Resin and that I hacked an existing Resin config
file. Ooop, I did  not mention that I'm using it with Apache.

Re: Cocoon and resin

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>.
At 14:07 +0200 10/07/00, Olivier Richaud wrote:
>Some of my cocoon pages handles the post method and using xsp I prase the
>result of the form. With Apache JServ this works fine, but alas, with resin,
>I got an error saying that post is not handled. Has anyone troed out resin
>and cocoon?

Yes, but I gave up earlier than you, for other reasons I think ... I seem
to remember I could'nt get the suffix -> servlet mapping working properly.
Shame really ...

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre

   <ma...@mac.com>     		 <http://www.media.demon.co.uk>
    <phone:+44.[0].20.7737.6831>        <pa...@sms.genie.co.uk>

Re: Cocoon and Resin-1.2b1

Posted by Alexander Krasilnikov <we...@neonweb.ru>.
Hi, Nic!

| the cocoon jars are installed to
/usr/local/src/resin1.2.b1/doc/WEB-INF/lib

| the config for cocoon in resin.conf is as follows:
| <servlet-mapping url-pattern='*.xml' servlet-name='cocoon'/>
| <servlet servlet-name='cocoon' servlet-class='org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon'>
| <init-param
properties='/usr/local/src/cocoon-1.7.4/conf/cocoon.properties'/>

    I think you should place your cocoon.properties to the same directory as
your xml file. In this case path is looked as simple
<init-param properties='cocoon.properties'/>.

Cocoon and Resin-1.2b1

Posted by Nicholas Hemley <ni...@realtime.co.uk>.
i am also trying to get cocoon working with resin and get a 'document contains
no data'.
The resin logs do not contain the error
i assume from this that it is a mod_caucho.so issue?

the cocoon jars are installed to /usr/local/src/resin1.2.b1/doc/WEB-INF/lib

the config for cocoon in resin.conf is as follows:
<servlet-mapping url-pattern='*.xml' servlet-name='cocoon'/>
<servlet servlet-name='cocoon' servlet-class='org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon'>
<init-param properties='/usr/local/src/cocoon-1.7.4/conf/cocoon.properties'/>
</servlet>

Any help would be appreciated here.

Nic Hemley

Re: Cocoon and resin

Posted by Olivier Richaud <ri...@cstb.fr>.
I use Cocoon 1.7.4 and resin in its latest stable version. The error I got
is:

400 Post not supported.

This message is produced by Resin, not Cocoon.

Thnaks

Olivier Richaud
CSTB
office: +33 4 93 95 67 24
mobile: +33 6 87 52 53 17
www: http://cic.cstb.fr

Re: Cocoon and resin

Posted by Rob Parker <ro...@webcybernetics.com>.

Cocoon and resin

Re: SQL + Cocoon

Posted by Werner Guttmann <We...@msdw.com>.
Would anybody be in a position to share a couple of samples on inserting
and/or updating values, not just querying a database. I just finished reading
the documents on the SQL Processor, and I have to admit it is a bit confusing
on which attributes to use e.g. to be able to query the update count for an
insert statement.

Regards
Werner

Re: SQL + Cocoon

Posted by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.
dima wrote:

> am I missing something?

Probably the SQL PI.

Re: SQL + Cocoon

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Mon, 10 Jul 2000, Roderick A. Carder-Russell wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Jul 2000, dima wrote:
>
> 	In addition to the SQL PI, mentioned by another user, and your
> connection definition, you may want to try changing "<page>" to "<root>".
> I'm not entirely certain why this change is effective.  One would think
> that *any* root name would do.  But, after struggling and wrestling with
> the system for some time, this minor change solved all of my problems.  I
> could send along a working sample if you like.

The only reason I can imagine that would make any difference is if your
stylesheet was explicitly looking for a root node named 'root'.

- donald

Re: SQL + Cocoon

Posted by "Roderick A. Carder-Russell" <r_...@mail.plymouth.edu>.
On Mon, 10 Jul 2000, dima wrote:

	In addition to the SQL PI, mentioned by another user, and your
connection definition, you may want to try changing "<page>" to "<root>".
I'm not entirely certain why this change is effective.  One would think
that *any* root name would do.  But, after struggling and wrestling with
the system for some time, this minor change solved all of my problems.  I
could send along a working sample if you like.

> <page>
>
>   <query connection="con">
>                 select name from tbname
>   </query>