Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ma...@convey.it on 2001/04/03 08:52:50 UTC

java.lang.UnsatisifedLinkError

hello,

        I found some talk of this in the archives but no solution was
ever suggested and it's becoming a real problem for me. My code calls
JNI functions, if i compile and build everything and then start up
tomcat all my pages work, all the java classes behind them work and
everybody's happy. The problem appears when i modify a java class and
recompile it, the next time i visit a page (even one which doesn't
call code which uses the JNI lib) i get this unsatisfied link error
and a message about my .so already being loaded in another class
loader. All of my .class get put in a jar which then gets put in my
app's WEB-INF directory, i'm assuming that this is why i get the
unsatisifed link error even if the page i try to view calls code which
doesn't call the JNI lib, correct? Is this a mistake of mine or a bug?
in the later case is there a work around? should i try with tomcat 4?

possibily useful info:
jdk 1.3
tomcat 3.2.1
linux 2.4

thanks,
--
-Marco
Ring the bells that still can ring.

Re: java.lang.UnsatisifedLinkError

Posted by ma...@convey.it.
thanks for the link, but i'd already seen that post and the problem is
that i'm also working on the class which calls the JNI so moving it
out of WEB-INF isn't really an option. If i figure something out i'll
make speak up.

Posted by Milt Epstein <me...@uiuc.edu>.
On Tue, 3 Apr 2001 marco@convey.it wrote:

> hello,
>
>         I found some talk of this in the archives but no solution was
> ever suggested and it's becoming a real problem for me. My code calls
> JNI functions, if i compile and build everything and then start up
> tomcat all my pages work, all the java classes behind them work and
> everybody's happy. The problem appears when i modify a java class and
> recompile it, the next time i visit a page (even one which doesn't
> call code which uses the JNI lib) i get this unsatisfied link error
> and a message about my .so already being loaded in another class
> loader. All of my .class get put in a jar which then gets put in my
> app's WEB-INF directory, i'm assuming that this is why i get the
> unsatisifed link error even if the page i try to view calls code which
> doesn't call the JNI lib, correct? Is this a mistake of mine or a bug?
> in the later case is there a work around? should i try with tomcat 4?
>
> possibily useful info:
> jdk 1.3
> tomcat 3.2.1
> linux 2.4

This sounds like a problem I ran into.  And I did post about it on the
list (including after I found the solution myself).  Here's the
relevant post from the archive:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&m=98383500924069&w=2

(Note that there are two archives of the list, one is found under
"Mailing List Archives" and one under "Tomcat-User Archives" on the
jakarta.apache.org page that lists the archives; the former has
archives for a ton of lists, including a bunch of apache-related ones,
and has a nicer interface.)

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
Software/Systems Development Group
Computing and Communications Services Office (CCSO)
mepstein@uiuc.edu