Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Evan Sho <ev...@yahoo.com.hk> on 2002/02/06 19:35:49 UTC

session lost after redirected from https to http

Hi all cocoon users,

When I try to implement login function by cocoon,
users go to the login page (http) and submit
login/passwd to authen page (https); if authenticated,
the page will be redirected to the user's homepage
(http).

When the page is redirected from
https to http, the session is lost. If i use https for
all pages or use http for all pages, the session can
be kept.

The login function uses database authenticator
described in example and the homepage is protected by
the technique described in example - protected area.

currently we use JDK 1.3.1 on w2k, tomcat 4.0.1,
cocoon 2.0.

Could anyone know how can I solve this problem please
kindly give me a hints or which class i should look
for? thanks a lot.

Regards
Evan