Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Lars Francke <la...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/28 13:13:17 UTC

YARN Maven build questions

Hey,

I'm trying to dig into Spark's code but am running into a couple of problems.

1) The yarn-common directory is not included in the Maven build
causing things to fail because the dependency is missing. If I see the
history correct it used to be a Maven module but is not anymore.

2) When I try to include the yarn-common directory in the build things
start going bad. Compilation failures all over the place and I think
there are some dependency issues in there as well.

This leads me to believe that either the Maven build system isn't
maintained for YARN or the whole YARN branch isn't. What's the status
here?

Without YARN things build fine for me using Maven.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Lars

Re: YARN Maven build questions

Posted by Usman Ghani <us...@platfora.com>.
Tom,
I tried the command line you used and it didn't work for me.

Posted by Sandy Ryza <sa...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Lars,

Unfortunately, due to some incompatible changes we pulled in to be closer
to YARN trunk, Spark-on-YARN does not work against CDH 4.4+ (but does work
against CDH5)

-Sandy

Posted by Tom Graves <tg...@yahoo.com>.
What is your question about Any hints?
The maven build worked for me yesterday again fine.

You should create a jira for any pull request like the documentation states.  The jira thing is new so I think people are still getting used to it.

Tom

Hi,

Posted by Lars Francke <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi,