Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Jeff Tulley <JT...@novell.com> on 2002/02/04 21:17:44 UTC

Re: JDepend frames XSL w/ link fixup

Peter,

Oops.  One more try.  I had originally had the explanations at the
bottom of the summary and packages pages, but eventually felt it need to
have its own whole page.  I forgot to update the links in the table
headings of the summary table.

And I thought I had checked ALL of my links.

Jeff Tulley  (jtulley@novell.com)
(801)861-5322
http://www.novell.com

>>> JTULLEY@novell.com 2/4/02 1:10:02 PM >>>
I found the patience(somehow; at first I saw what you meant about not
having it, but I hung in there).  Actually, I had just recently
learned
how (from the JUnit-frames.xsl sheet of Ant) to do the cool
xsl:redirect
extension and wanted to further cement that knowledge, so here is the
result of that - a jdepends-frames.xsl sheet.

It works exactly the same as junit-frames.xsl in that you can pass in
an output.dir or it assumes ".".  I varied from junit in that I stuck
all of the package analysis stuff into one page, cycles in one page,
etc, since there was no need for individual HTML files in my mind for
this analysis.  I also tried to add in good navigation, maybe did
overkill there, but here you go.

Oh, another part that I wasn't completely sure of.  Not being a
hard-core JDepends user, I wasn't sure if every "<error>" tag in the
packages means the package was not analyzed, though that is how I
indicated it in the left-hand "Packages" frame.  We could do this or
have one more page for all of the errors and link into those.

Enjoy,

Jeff Tulley  (jtulley@novell.com)
(801)861-5322
http://www.novell.com

>>> peter@apache.org 2/3/02 4:41:49 AM >>>
Okay the results are attached to this mail. Unfortunately they are all
in one
html page and I didn't have the patience to make a frames version.
Anyone
else who wants to should feel free to add another frames version of
jakarta-ant/src/etc/jdepend.xsl

Re: Integrated Reporting (Was RE: JDepend frames XSL w/ link fixup)

Posted by Jeff Martin <je...@mkodo.com>.
You might want to have a look at Alexandria
http://jakarta.apache.org/alexandria/ as this was the general idea
behind that project.

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 26 Feb 2002 11:06, Rob Oxspring wrote:
> I've been pondering about integrating the report docs and wondered what
> others had to say.

Sounds great so far ;)

> I'd like to find a solution that can scale to any combination of the tools
> so the first question to ask is are there any other report / analysis tools
> out there that should be included? Checkstyle and maybe JavaNCSS spring to
> mind but what else do people use?

no idea. I could see things like reports based on jdiff results (detects
changes in external API of classes) would be useful. See
jdiff.sourceforge.org - though I only know of people on EGs that use the tool.

> In terms of output I'm envisaging a framed JavaDoc style setup with each
> package and class/file having some summary page backed up by a page per
> tool and a link to javadocs if available.  For example with just junit and
> ncss being used you might get:
>
> /report
> 	/stylesheet.css
> 	/index.html
> 	/overview.html
> 	/overview.junit.html
> 	/overview.ncss.html
> 	/<package>/overview.html
> 	/<package>/overview.junit.html
> 	/<package>/overview.ncss.html
> 	/<package>/<class/file>.overview.html
> 	/<package>/<class>.overview.junit.html
> 	/<package>/<file>.overview.ncss.html
>
> Does this pattern fit all cases?

for class/package based reporting I think it does.

> Finally, I'm currently hoping that I can avoid writing another task and
> just build a target full of standard tasks.  If this is going to work then
> some concatenation of files will surely be involved somewhere along the
> line... So can I nudge a committer to commit one of the past concat
> submissions :)

Lets see that target first :)

--
Cheers,

Pete

"You know what a dumbshit the 'average man' on the street is? Well, by
definition, half of them are even dumber than that!"
					J.R. "Bob" Dobbs

Re: Integrated Reporting (Was RE: JDepend frames XSL w/ link fixup)

Posted by Jeff Martin <je...@custommonkey.org>.
You might want to have a look at Alexandria
http://jakarta.apache.org/alexandria/ as this was the general idea
behind that project.

On Tue, 2002-02-26 at 00:06, Rob Oxspring wrote:
> I've been pondering about integrating the report docs and wondered what others had to say.
>
> I'd like to find a solution that can scale to any combination of the tools so the first question to ask is are there any other report / analysis tools out there that should be included?
> Checkstyle and maybe JavaNCSS spring to mind but what else do people use?
>
> I'm assuming that all the reporting tools can spit out an xml version, and can get these for jUnit,JDepend,Checkstyle,JavaNCSS but could someone post some samples (or links to) from the other tools - preferably using the ant source tree as a reference.
>
> In terms of output I'm envisaging a framed JavaDoc style setup with each package and class/file having some summary page backed up by a page per tool and a link to javadocs if available.  For example with just junit and ncss being used you might get:
>
> /report
> 	/stylesheet.css
> 	/index.html
> 	/overview.html
> 	/overview.junit.html
> 	/overview.ncss.html
> 	/<package>/overview.html
> 	/<package>/overview.junit.html
> 	/<package>/overview.ncss.html
> 	/<package>/<class/file>.overview.html
> 	/<package>/<class>.overview.junit.html
> 	/<package>/<file>.overview.ncss.html
>
> Does this pattern fit all cases?
>
> Finally, I'm currently hoping that I can avoid writing another task and just build a target full of standard tasks.  If this is going to work then some concatenation of files will surely be involved somewhere along the line... So can I nudge a committer to commit one of the past concat submissions :)
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Rob

Jeff Martin

Memetic Engineer

http://www.custommonkey.org/

Integrated Reporting (Was RE: JDepend frames XSL w/ link fixup)

Posted by Rob Oxspring <ro...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Stephane Bailliez <sb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Excellent! Now I am going to have to go change all my projects to use this
new stylesheet - I should voice my wishlists more often if this is the
result of it ;)