Posted to dev@ws.apache.org by Rob Sherwood <ro...@stanford.edu> on 2011/02/09 23:34:00 UTC

Advice for encoding/decoding non-primitive classes?

Hi,

Relatively new to xmlrpc.  I'm trying to push a custom datatype over
the wire and am trying to figure out which of the many methods to use.

The docs say:

" DOM nodes, or JAXB objects, can be transmitted. So are objects
implementing the java.io.Serializable interface."

Which I take to mean that if I expose my class as any of the above
forms, the apache xmlrpc will just "do the right thing": is this true?
 And the follow up question is: any advice on the trade-offs between
these types?  Left to my own devices, I would use Serializable because
that's what I'm most comfortable with, but I'm open to other
suggestions.

Thanks,

- Rob
.