Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de> on 2020/03/03 18:50:28 UTC

Trying to release maven-dependency-plugin

Hi,

currently I'm trying to release a new version of maven-dependency-plugin
but unfortunately the release process has failed cause the artifacts
have not been signed...

I've used the following call:

mvn -Darguments='-Dgpg.keyname=KEYNAME' release:prepare release:perform

I've realized that based on the update of our parents we are using
maven-release-plugin 3.0.0-M1 which means we are using this version...

I don't see any call to maven-gpg-plugin to sign the artifacts which of
caused a fail in repository.apache.org ?

Had there been a change which I haven't seen? Did we change the release
procedure? Maybe I missed just the information?

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

Re: Trying to release maven-dependency-plugin

Posted by Pim Moerenhout <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Karl,

I also have an update (MDEP-648) for the maven-dependency-plugin which
depends on a new release of maven-artifact-transfer.
Can the maven-artifact-transfer be released also, then I can complete my PR
for the dependency plugin.

Regards, Pim

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi Enrico,

On 04.03.20 20:40, Enrico Olivelli wrote:
> Usually I put the gpg key system property in my settings.xml file.

Yeah that would work too ..

> Do you have some odd profile enabled by your settings.xml file that
> disables gpg plugin? Or the apache-release profile?

None of them...see the maven-dependency-plugin ...I've tried to release ..?

I bet I oversight something ? ...

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

> [...]
>

>     Kind regards
>     Karl Heinz Marbaise
>     On 03.03.20 23:45, Hervé BOUTEMY wrote:
>      > Hi,
>      >
>      > My last releases were done as usual with success.
>      > The only difference I see with you is that I don't need the
>     "-Darguments=..."
>      > part: perhaps there is an unexpected change at that level
>      >
>      > Regards,
>      >
>      > Hervé
>      >
>      > Le mardi 3 mars 2020, 19:50:28 CET Karl Heinz Marbaise a écrit :
>      >> Hi,
>      >>
>      >> currently I'm trying to release a new version of
>     maven-dependency-plugin
>      >> but unfortunately the release process has failed cause the artifacts
>      >> have not been signed...
>      >>
>      >>
>      >> I've used the following call:
>      >>
>      >> mvn -Darguments='-Dgpg.keyname=KEYNAME' release:prepare
>     release:perform
>      >>
>      >>
>      >> I've realized that based on the update of our parents we are using
>      >> maven-release-plugin 3.0.0-M1 which means we are using this
>     version...
>      >>
>      >> I don't see any call to maven-gpg-plugin to sign the artifacts
>     which of
>      >> caused a fail in repository.apache.org
>     <http://repository.apache.org> ?
>      >>
>      >> Had there been a change which I haven't seen? Did we change the
>     release
>      >> procedure? Maybe I missed just the information?
>      >>
>      >>
>      >> Kind regards
>      >> Karl Heinz Marbaise
>      >>
>      >>
>      >>
>      >>
>      >>
>      >>
>      >>
>      >>
>      >
>      >
>      >
>      >
>      >
>      > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>     <ma...@maven.apache.org>
>      > For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@maven.apache.org
>     <ma...@maven.apache.org>
>      >

>     Mit freundlichem Gruß
>     Karl-Heinz Marbaise
>     --
>     SoftwareEntwicklung Beratung Schulung    Tel.: +49 (0) 2405 / 415 893
>     Dipl.Ing.(FH) Karl-Heinz Marbaise        USt.IdNr: DE191347579

Mit freundlichem Gruß
Karl-Heinz Marbaise

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

unfortunately I can't see that the artifacts are being signed somehow ? :..

Can someone enlighten me? ..

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise
On 03.03.20 23:45, Hervé BOUTEMY wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My last releases were done as usual with success.
> The only difference I see with you is that I don't need the "-Darguments=..."
> part: perhaps there is an unexpected change at that level
>
> Regards,
>
> Hervé
>
> Le mardi 3 mars 2020, 19:50:28 CET Karl Heinz Marbaise a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> currently I'm trying to release a new version of maven-dependency-plugin
>> but unfortunately the release process has failed cause the artifacts
>> have not been signed...
>>

>> I've used the following call:
>>
>> mvn -Darguments='-Dgpg.keyname=KEYNAME' release:prepare release:perform
>>

>> I've realized that based on the update of our parents we are using
>> maven-release-plugin 3.0.0-M1 which means we are using this version...
>>
>> I don't see any call to maven-gpg-plugin to sign the artifacts which of
>> caused a fail in repository.apache.org ?
>>
>> Had there been a change which I haven't seen? Did we change the release
>> procedure? Maybe I missed just the information?
>>

>> Kind regards
>> Karl Heinz Marbaise

Mit freundlichem Gruß
Karl-Heinz Marbaise