Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by Axel Hecht <ah...@numerik.uni-kiel.de> on 2000/01/21 15:34:03 UTC

Building xerces-c (and xalan-c) on unix with libtool?

Hi,
I was looking into building Xalan-C++ on Solaris and therefor
Xerces-C++.

I found the build system of Xerces a bit harsh to get along, at least
for people new to it.

Has there been any discussion about whether to use libtool, and stay a
bit closer to the directory-standards in autoconf-automake?

It took me a bit of time to realize, that I can't have my own seperate
build dir :-(.

I was just trying to find out, if Xalan-C++ should mimic the Xerces
build process, or wouldn't libtool add a bit of platform-independence.

Just curious whether there are reasons against it, or if just nobody
volunteered. I would at least try to do so.

Axel