Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Pinar Bicioglu <p....@CustomerDialogue.com> on 2001/04/19 17:47:57 UTC

Editing tomcat.reg

Hi,

I am a newbie to Tomcat. Could someoen please tell me how to edit the
regeistry to complete the installation.? I don't have tomcat.reg in my
computer ?/

Thanks

Re: Editing tomcat.reg

Posted by Arnaud Dostes - NTI <ad...@nti-sa.com>.
you don't need tomcat.reg

just unzip anywhere, set the %TOMCAT_HOME% and %JAVA_HOME%, and type "tomcat
run"

then enter http://localhost:8080 to see if it works...

Re: Editing tomcat.reg

Posted by Steve Ruby <st...@rubysolutions.com>.

there are registry entries for integrating tomcat with IIS, but they are
well documented here:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat/src/doc/tomcat-iis-howto.html

RE: Editing tomcat.reg

Posted by Benoît Jacquemont <be...@smile.fr>.

RE: Editing tomcat.reg

Posted by Craig O'Brien <cr...@dynamic-apps.com>.
Editing the registry only applies to using windows  with isapi_redirect.dll.

On Linux/Unix there is no registry to edit.

Enter "regedit" from the run tab on the start menu and off you go.  Beware,
you can lock your system with incorrect modifications!!! Triple check
changes that you make.  See "tomcat IIS how to."

Regards,
Craig

Re: Editing tomcat.reg

Posted by Tim O'Neil <ti...@xythos.com>.
At 11:47 AM 4/19/2001 -0400, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am a newbie to Tomcat. Could someoen please tell me how to edit the
>regeistry to complete the installation.? I don't have tomcat.reg in my
>computer ?/

I didn't hack the registry to install tomcat. I actually
looked at the registry on my win2k workstation in some
time for any reason now that I think about it...