Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Eric Halim <er...@ppu.co.id> on 2014/04/07 11:06:22 UTC

OfBiz NewBie User

Hi, please help me along. I use admin/ofbiz to play around. But each time I
created website/catalog/category/product, I cannot delete it.

How to delete those I created to test?

How to delete demo data because I want to build my own
catalog->category->product?

Is there a superuser for this purpose?

Another issue is when I decided to use Oracle DB for OfBiz, do I need 3
instances for olap, tenant and ordinary datastructure?

Best Regards

Eric Halim

---

RE: OfBiz NewBie User

Posted by Rong Nguyen <ro...@olbius.com>.
hi Eric,
In Oracle:
 - URI to connect to instance.
 - User will define schema.

-----
Rong Nguyen

Olbius JSC
Deliver highest business value
http://www.olbius.com/

RE: OfBiz NewBie User

Posted by Eric Halim <er...@ppu.co.id>.
Thanks. What about jdbc uri? The sample given on localderby, they have
differences on jdbc uri.
Is it fine to give same jdbc uri for Oracle in this case for all 3 schemas?

Best Regards
Eric Halim

RE: OfBiz NewBie User

Posted by Eric Halim <er...@ppu.co.id>.
Yes sure, the delegator part I got it. But for the 3 schemas for
localoracle, localoracleolap and localoracletenant how would you set these?
How would these 3 differ in each other?

I only got this currently

<datasource name="localoracle"
            helper-class="org.ofbiz.entity.datasource.GenericHelperDAO"
            schema-name="OFBIZ"
            field-type-name="oracle"
            check-on-start="true"
            add-missing-on-start="true"
            alias-view-columns="false"
            join-style="ansi"
            use-order-by-nulls="true">
        <read-data reader-name="tenant"/>
        <read-data reader-name="seed"/>
        <read-data reader-name="seed-initial"/>
        <read-data reader-name="demo"/>
        <read-data reader-name="ext"/>
        <inline-jdbc
                jdbc-driver="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
                jdbc-uri="jdbc:oracle:thin:@127.0.0.1:1521:ORCL"
                jdbc-username="ofbiz"
                jdbc-password="ofbiz"
                pool-minsize="2"
                pool-maxsize="250"
                time-between-eviction-runs-millis="600000"/>
    </datasource>

What are those values would be differ for olap and tenant?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards
Eric Halim

RE: OfBiz NewBie User

Posted by Eric Halim <er...@ppu.co.id>.
Oh yes, but how to configure it using 3 users? Should we create 3 setups on
entityengine.xml?
Can you share the details?

Best Regards
Eric Halim

RE: OfBiz NewBie User

Posted by Eric Halim <er...@ppu.co.id>.
Dear Rong Nguyen,

Thanks. What are those 3 users in Oracle? Currently, I just using 1 schema.

Best Regards
Eric Halim

RE: OfBiz NewBie User

Posted by Eric Halim <er...@ppu.co.id>.
It's ok. You have been very helpful. Hope somebody else could answer me.

Best Regards
Eric Halim

Re: OfBiz NewBie User

Posted by Vijay Krishnamurthy <vi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your info.
But, that link doesn't gives me much info..

I am looking the DRIVER, Staff, Customers and Vehicles information with
reports and Payments, Invocie...etc
There is a Sugar CRM and https://www.openerp.com/ and some other Open
Source providing the same kind of application called Fleet Maintenance CRM.
or ELSE PLEASE check the following URL for the AddON products for the
Fleet Management, Fleet HR Management, Fleet Invoice..etc

https://www.openerp.com/apps?category=&version=&search=fLEET

Regards,
Vijay

Re: OfBiz NewBie User

Posted by Brajesh Patel <br...@gmail.com>.

Re: OfBiz NewBie User

Posted by Brajesh Patel <br...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vijay,

Re: OfBiz NewBie User

Posted by Vijay Krishnamurthy <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hello All Users/Developers,

RE: OfBiz NewBie User

Posted by Eric Halim <er...@ppu.co.id>.
Thank you

Best Regards
Eric Halim

On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 7:04 PM, Jacques Le Roux < jacques.le.roux@les7arts.com> wrote:

> Le 08/04/2014 03:55, Eric Halim a écrit :
>
>  Thank You for the links Rong Nguyen.
>>
>> But what I want to know is that any concern/impact if we choose only
>> use 1 schema for all instead separating those schema respectively?
>>
>> Do OLAP and Multi Tenant feature are automatically enabled when first
>> installing OfBiz?
>>

> It depends on what you mean by "automatically enabled"
> For BI as a demo you need to get to he BI component and populate the
> DB (else for instance reports generated by BIRT will not work)
>
> For multi tenant, refer to https://cwiki.apache.org/
> confluence/display/OFBIZ/Multitenancy+support (OK I see  now Rong gave
> you this one already)
>

>  I mean when we only specify 1 schema for all 3 delegators, would OLAP
> and
>> Multi Tenant also available?
>> Or we must separate those 3 schemas to make OLAP and Multi Tenant works?
>>

> There are good reasons to separate schemas.
> For multi tenant it must be to guarantee confidentiality (you even
> need to create new DB for each new tenant) For BI it's a matter of
> performance look for "oltp and olap on same server" on the net
>
> Jacques
>

>> Sorry if I asked too many questions.
>>
>> Best Regards
>> Eric Halim