Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Neil Meyer <ne...@cxchange.co.za> on 2006/01/12 09:43:32 UTC

[OT] Struts in Tomcat

Good day,

I know this is probably not the right user group for this question but I
really need some advice I run 'n struts application in Tomcat. It is tomcat
5.5.9 and JDK: j2sdk-1_11_2_09.

The problem is that this Tomcat get sometimes so slow and it is not stable it
will sometimes just hang.

At this moment I have a problem that one of the pages only renders half way.

I think it might be some where in the server.xml that I need to optimize some
of the setting but I have tried few combinations and it doesn't seem to help.

I cater for a about a 2000 unique users a day, they use this system to pull
information from thus the data that is streamed is a lot and everything is
database driven.

If there is anybody out there running high volume servers with tomcat
prepared to provide me with there server.xml file so that I can compare it
with mine it will be appreciated, or any ideas will also help?

Regards
Neil

Re: [OT] Struts in Tomcat

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
Neil Meyer wrote:
> Good day,
>
> I know this is probably not the right user group for this question but I
> really need some advice I run 'n struts application in Tomcat. It is tomcat
> 5.5.9 and JDK: j2sdk-1_11_2_09.
>
> The problem is that this Tomcat get sometimes so slow and it is not stable it
> will sometimes just hang.
>
> At this moment I have a problem that one of the pages only renders half way.
>
> I think it might be some where in the server.xml that I need to optimize some
> of the setting but I have tried few combinations and it doesn't seem to help.
>
> I cater for a about a 2000 unique users a day, they use this system to pull
> information from thus the data that is streamed is a lot and everything is
> database driven.
>
> If there is anybody out there running high volume servers with tomcat
> prepared to provide me with there server.xml file so that I can compare it
> with mine it will be appreciated, or any ideas will also help?

Performance tuning for maximum throughput is a rather large topic to be
addressed on an unrelated list... You need to tune your JVM, OS/Kernel,
Tomcat installation... There's lots you can fiddle with.

I suggest you google for Java performance tuning and/or ask for pointers
on the Tomcat user's list. There's a *lot* more to it than just copying
someone else's server.xml.

L.