Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Jarek Potiuk <Ja...@polidea.com> on 2019/07/22 07:13:13 UTC

Kind request to run static checks on your machines (for now at least)

Hello everyone,

I have a kind request to everyone to run static checks locally before
pushing PRs. It's now very easy if you rebase to master. Basically the only
thing you need to run is "./scripts/ci/ci_pylint.sh"
"./scripts/ci/ci_mypy.sh" etc. After initial setup time, it should be
rather fast. All details in
https://github.com/apache/airflow/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md#running-static-code-analysis

We still have a bit of situation with Travis CI builds (because of pressure
on Travis from more Apache projects). And we have lots of builds in a queue
sometimes.

We are working on a fix to switch to GitLab CI + Google Donated GKE (but
this will take some time) and I also asked Infrastructure to increase a
number of slots in Travis CI we have.

But in the meantime, running the static checks locally will help with
limiting number of builds to run.

J.

--

Jarek Potiuk

M: +48 660 796 129 <+48660796129>

Re: Kind request to run static checks on your machines (for now at least)

Posted by "Driesprong, Fokko" <fo...@driesprong.frl>.
Please note that you can also run all the tests on your private Travis
fork. Please make sure that these test pass before opening a PR to the
Airflow project. This allows you to run all the tests on the Travis CI, and
make sure that Apache doesn't spend unnecessary CI time while iterating to
get everything green. There is a guide in the CONTRIBUTING.md:
https://github.com/apache/airflow/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md#testing-on-travis-ci

Cheers, Fokko

Posted by Ash Berlin-Taylor <as...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <Ja...@polidea.com>.