Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Helder Pinto <he...@dsi.uminho.pt> on 2003/06/03 14:25:20 UTC

Velocity equivalent to jetspeed:portletlink tag

Hi!

I am developing a WAP portal that contains several portlet sets (e.g. Leisure,
News, etc.), each one with a number of portlets.
When the user logs in, the first WML deck presents only the different portlet
sets (a card to each one) and the *links* to the portlets inside each set. Note
that the portlet contents are not printed in this first deck.

When a user selects some portlet, I want to present a new WML deck. The content
of this deck is a single card only with the portlet content. Note that the
portlet sets and the respective portlets are hierarchically defined in the
user's PSML.

I have already developed a controller to build the first deck, but now I don't
know how to make the links to the different portlets and present a second deck.
I've explored the jetspeed:portletlink tag, and I observed that when a portlet
link is followed, the portlet is shown in maximized mode. Is it possible to do
something similar in my WAP portal, applying the portletlink concept to the
problem described above? What is the equivalent to jetspeed:portletlink in
Velocity (I am developing the controllers in Velocity)?

Thank you.

Helder

Re: Velocity equivalent to jetspeed:portletlink tag

Posted by Helder Pinto <he...@dsi.uminho.pt>.
Thanks, Mark.

I arrived to do what I wanted by using $jslink.getAction("controls.Maximize",
$!portlet.ID). The portlet is now presented in a separate deck. Wonderful!:-)

Helder

Posted by Mark Orciuch <ma...@ngsltd.com>.
Helder,