Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gopi Kesavan <go...@buck.com.sg> on 2001/02/14 11:14:17 UTC

urgent tomcat -ssl i followed the details explained in the how to ssl but still not able to connect

I have tomcat version 3.2  and i am trying to use ssl. Firstly i am testing this in a network environment. I don't have my own separate pc and net connection since it is routed through a network. i.e. when i apply for the certificate in cn do i have to specify unique dsn so as to be recognised ?. Two after following the steps and i generated my own self cert i gave cn as test1 and generated key and put the certificate into the key store as under /windows/.keystore, Then i tried to connect to the ssl port by specifiying https://<my ipaddress>:8443/my servlet . I get an error  webserver not found. Why is this. I removed the comment in the server.xml etc. Urgent and i need help. I am breaking my head for the past two days. Please.

Re: urgent tomcat -ssl i followed the details explained in the how to ssl but still not able to connect

Posted by gopinath <go...@buck.com.sg>.
hai,
thanks for the suggestion. Sorry i am using windows 98 to test this. How
do overcome this. How do i set my dns , if u can suggest some solution
for this i will be happy.