Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by Renya nath N <re...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/25 17:21:43 UTC

Supervisor terminated without raising any error

Hi,

 Can you ease tell me why Supervisor terminated abruptly without raising
any error. It wasworking erfectly two days before. Also I cannot acces ui
in the browser even its still running...

The code is like below

[image: Inline image 3]

答复: Supervisor terminated without raising any error

Posted by John Fang <xi...@alibaba-inc.com>.
Sorry, I can’t see the picture.  OOM 、insufficient disk space、Full GC and so on。

Posted by Renya nath N <re...@gmail.com>.
Sir,

also for the first few seconds its showing supervisor running when I
executed the command jps...

Posted by Renya nath N <re...@gmail.com>.
Sir,

my storm supervisor is terminating its process after 2- 3 secs.. It was
fully working when I checked it before. Zookeeper,nimbus n ui are
functioning properly. Can u please tell me how to troubleshoot this problem

Posted by Longda Feng <zh...@alibaba-inc.com>.
Answer inline.RegardsLongda------------------------------------------------------------------From:Renya nath N <re...@gmail.com>Send Time:2015年11月26日(星期四) 00:21To:dev <de...@storm.apache.org>Subject:Supervisor terminated without raising any errorHi, Can you ease tell me why Supervisor terminated abruptly without raising any error.[Longda] There are a lot of reasons for terminating supervisor by exception. I have met some before.1. In some linux environment, start supervisor without "nohup" and redirect it to backend, when logout the system, supervisor is likely to receive "nohup" signal and quit.2. When os is out of memory, os is likely to kill supervisor.  You can check kernel log to check it.3. When disk is out of use, supervisor is likely to be crash immediately.4. When supervisor's memory is exceeding cgroup's setting, but storm doesn't support cgroup right now.5. OS's ulimit's setting is wrong, especially  cpu time/memory. You can run "ulimit -a" to check this.There are some other cases which will also lead to supervisor be killed. but you can get some signal from supervisor.log or supervisor.gc.log.1. when zk isn't on service, but you can get connect zk error in supervisor.log2. when supervisor's memory is exceed  jvm setting,  but you can get some information from supervisor.gc.logIt wasworking erfectly two days before. Also I cannot acces ui in the browser even its still running... [Longda] If the ui can't be access, please do the following check(1) check ui process running or not.(2) check nimbus process is on service or not? you can run several command to check, such as storm active xxxxx(3) check ZK service.