Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by axiez <le...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/14 08:05:38 UTC

system property for login configuration file

Which file should I edit to set the system property
java.security.auth.login.config so that LoginContext knows where to look for
a given login configuration?

Re: system property for login configuration file

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Jan 15, 2009, at 1:15 AM, Ivan wrote:

> Shall we need a dumb SecurityRealmGBean which will delegate all the
> calls to the default login config ? In that way, the users could
> have more choices and quickly deploy their existing applications
> which have used the third-party authentication modules.
> Thanks for any comment

This might work, its worth looking into.  I don't think it would be
exactly a SecurityRealmGBean but maybe a SecurityRealmBuilderGBean.

JASPI's (optional) use of JAAS involves this constructor:

         LoginContext loginContext = new LoginContext(realm, subject,
callbackHandler, configuration);

so it might be worth seeing about converting all our login calls to
supply the configuration from whatever source is needed.

thanks
david jencks

Posted by Ivan <xh...@gmail.com>.
Shall we need a dumb SecurityRealmGBean which will delegate all the calls to
the default login config ? In that way, the users could have more choices
and quickly deploy their existing applications which have used the
third-party authentication modules.Thanks for any comment !

2009/1/14 David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>

> On Jan 13, 2009, at 11:05 PM, axiez wrote:
>

>> Which file should I edit to set the system property
>> java.security.auth.login.config so that LoginContext knows where to look
>> for
>> a given login configuration?
>>
> We don't use the sun provided default file based login config.  Instead you
> configure security realms using the GenericSecurityRealmGBean.
>
> See http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/configuring-login-modules.html
>
> There is an admin console wizard to help construct plans and I suspect
> there is also an eclipse plugin wizard in the GEP.
>
> thanks
> david jencks
>

>> --

Ivan

Re: system property for login configuration file

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.