Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Maria Fogarty <mf...@tcd.ie> on 2008/11/11 17:42:46 UTC

[users@httpd] url string search and replace

Hi,

Does anyone know a simple way to do this?  I'm trying to test a
replacement web server hosting about 200 sites. To avoid absolute links
referring users back to the original server I'd like to do a rewrite or
output filtering on the fly to search urls for a given string (the name
of the original server) and replace all occurrences with the name of the
second server before processing the request.

E.g.

www.server1.ie/whatever... gets re-addressed on the fly to
www.server2.ie/whatever

where 'whatever' is the same on both boxes and not all urls may contain
an absolute server reference (if they're relative)

The original box is live so I have to be careful how I go!

Anyone know how I can do this under apache 2.2.8?

Thanks,

Maria

--

Maria Fogarty,
Web Administrator,

Tel: 01 8963640
Email: webmaster@tcd.ie

Please note that electronic mail to, from, or within the College may be
the subject of a request under the Freedom of information Act.